|Role title||Health and Wellbeing Support – Telephone Care Checks|
|Purpose of the role||Remembering to take medication is often a problem for a lot of people as they age, as is remembering to undertake household tasks. You will be supporting individuals to remain independent and be safe in their own homes by regularly giving them a call to remind them to take their medication etc. This is a telephone reminder service that prompts people to take their medication and remember to perform household tasks. You can also make referrals to other support mechanisms if required.|
|What you will be doing||Making regular reminder phone calls and welfare checks via landline or mobile phone.|
|Skills, experience and qualities needed||Responsible, reliable and patient with good listening and clear communication skills.|
|When and where||Various|
- Training including food hygiene and safeguarding.
- Access to welfare support and personal resilience.
|Benefits to volunteer|
- Knowing you are contributing to someone’s health and wellbeing.
- Preventing problems for client if medication is not administered properly and on time.
- Become connected to a team.
|Other relevant information||No DBS check required.|
|What to do if you’re interested||Register here.|