|Purpose of the role
|Letters and statements from energy/internet/phone providers/ banks and building societies etc. can mount up and seem unmanageable without someone to help go through them. This creates order and reduces confusion and anxiety. As an Administration Support volunteer, you will assist your matched client to organise and prioritise important documents. You will be offering a confidential support service that is reliable and trustworthy. This could be a lifeline for those finding it difficult to manage everyday paperwork connected with running a home. You will be supporting their independence.
|What you will be doing
- Sorting mail/bills and prioritising documents.
- Supporting letter writing or form filling.
- Signposting to other organisations if professional advice is needed.
- Making phone calls on behalf of, in the presence of or with your client, to aid communication.
- Organising a filing system if needed.
- Supporting clients with payments if needed. For example, going to the post office to pay a bill or supporting them to do it themselves, via telephone.
- You will be asked to give feedback about your support activity to the relevant Community Connector/VCP officer at reviews.
|Skills, experience and qualities needed
|Volunteers need to be friendly, mature and empathetic. You need to have good listening and verbal communication skills. Be organised and efficient in handling sensitive documentation. It is vital that you offer confidential support.
|When and where
- Access to welfare support and personal resilience
|Benefits to volunteer
- Opportunity to use initiative and help your client to make decisions.
- Be a part of a team.
- Make new friendships.
- Be proud by making a real difference to vulnerable individuals.
- Grow your knowledge, skills, and confidence.
- Provide great community support and wellbeing
|Other relevant information
|Enhanced DBS required arranged by Cheshire East Council.
|What to do if you’re interested