|Shopping and Medication Support
|Purpose of the role
|We are looking for friendly people to join us to volunteer to help our clients with their shopping and everyday errands. This role means supporting residents who are vulnerable, isolating, have complex health issues, have disabilities or mobility problems. This role is a vital to supporting some members of our community.
|What you will be doing
- General shopping for food and essentials and delivery to doorsteps.
- Collecting and delivering medications.
- Running errands, for example, posting a letter.
- You will be asked to give feedback about your support activity to the relevant Community Connector/VCP officer at reviews.
|Skills, experience and qualities needed
- Friendly and approachable
- Basic literacy and organisational skills
Ability to use own initiative.
- Good listening and communication skills
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality
|When and where
As required and agreed.
- Training – to include safeguarding and manual handling
- Access to welfare support and personal resilience
|Benefits to volunteer
- Opportunity to use initiative and make decisions that are right for your customer
- Be part of a team
- New friendships
- Become a great role model for your neighbourhood
- Training and induction
|Other relevant information
|No DBS required.
|What to do if you’re interested